Questions and Facts about Cats
Many facts about cats are familiar knowledge because cats are such a popular pet; however there are a few little known facts that I’m sure will surprise even the most experience cat lover.
Here are some Facts about Cats
- All kittens are born with blue eyes, which eventually changes color over time.
- Cats always land on their feet.
- Cats are the most popular pets to own, more than dogs.
- Catnip can affect lions and tigers.
- Cats communicate using about 16 “cat words.”
- In the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, Felix the Cat was the very first balloon used.
- About 4,000 years ago in Egypt, cats were domesticated.
- Cats can usually live for around 14 years and some up to 20.
- Male cats are called toms.
- Female cats are called queens.
- Baby cats are called kittens, litter, or kindle.
- There are around 36 species in the cat family.
- Cats sleep for about 16 hours a day.
- Cats like to eat their food at room temperature.
- Cats like to eat grass.
- Cats have a 3rd eyelid called a haw.
- The sense of smell for cats is 14 times stronger than humans.
- Killing or hurting a cat in Ancient Egypt was punishable by death.
- Cats nose pads are like human fingerprints, each one is unique.
Another fact about cats is the age of your cat in Human years. Here is a chart that shows how old your furry friend is.